Coin Network - Coin Collecting Social Network

Hello Ameet and Neelesh,

first of all my apologise for not participating in the discussion on this group for quite a long time.

I am happy to note that both of you have seriously decided to collect portuguese / goa coins and

bank notes. From my experience, I can tell you that portuguese coins in lead/copper/silver are

available in crude type and copper and silver are available in machine struck also. While buying

make sure firstly they are genuine (especially machine struck) and secondly condition wise they

are worth collecting. Lead coins do not have cracks and too much erosion.  About notes, no one can produce fake portuguese notes.  However, note

collection is a bit tricky business - you have to see note physically before you buy to make sure that condition wise it is worth, it has not too many folds, staple holes, ink spots, all four corners are in tact. Once you buy, immediately place it in plastic note-holders to ensure no damage to the note.

After all, notes are printed on paper, which is delicate thing to handle.

If both of you are interested in buying genuine portuguese coins in all three metals (gold coins are

very expensive - i have onlyone in my collection).and portugal notes at a reasonable rate (ensure

that the dealer guarantees you to buy back notes in case you decide to dispose of them). I can

introduce you to my dealer.  For that you will have to visit Dinesh Mody Institute of Numismatics in

Kalina Campus on the FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH. The institue conducts these

meetings/get together where about 10-15 dealers have their stalls and coins/notese and other

material for sale. If you decide to make a visit let me know.  Otherwise you will have to visit my

place where I can call my dealer with coins/notes of your interest. If you visit my place, I can

also show you my collection. Please feel free to call me on 9870241383. My personal email id

is purandarecb@hotmail.com

Wish you both best of luck and also appreciate your decision to start  hobby of coin collection

which is a very very vast subject - by experience you will know.

regards

ashok purandare

Views: 855

Replies to This Discussion

Learnt lot of things from your advise and shall be careful to buy Portyguse coins from
Chandni Chowk dealers Delhi as recently started collecting these coins
Dear Purandare

Thanks for providing info .Well Portuguese India notes are rare any condition with cancellation punctures are rare
This notes still exist with few old collectors in GOA but the local people are not willling to sell

I will keep you posted and if you can check with dealers of PI notes and let me know it will be noce
Thanks
NEelesh
Neelesh said:
Dear Purandare

Thanks for providing info .Well Portuguese India notes are rare any condition with cancellation punctures are rare
This notes still exist with few old collectors in GOA but the local people are not willling to sell

I will keep you posted and if you can check with dealers of PI notes and let me know it will be noce
Thanks
NEelesh
Purandare Ashok said:
Neelesh said:
Dear Purandare

Thanks
NEelesh
Hello Neelesh,
a set of Portuguese Notes consisting of denominations - 30 reis, 60 reis, 100 reis, 600 esqudos and 1000 esquodos
is available for Rs 125 M.at this moment. condition of notes if VG.
regards
ashok purandare
Is this M million????
Hi Anyone intersted in Portuguese India banknotes OR Specimen please free to contact me on neele72@yahoo.com or 00971 50 7956279

Denzil Godin said:
Is this M million????

I am C A Raju from Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh and have been collecting currency notes since last 5-6 years. I have some Portuguese India notes of 50 and 100 Rupias denominations, released in 1945, of course, all the notes with cancellation punches. But what interests me is 50 and 100 Rupias notes are with 4 different signatures of Adminstrators,though they were released in 1945 itself.   Can amy one throw some information on why there are 4 different signatures of Adminstrator ? I have the notes of all the 4 signatures of 50 and 10 Rupias.If any one wants, I can send the scans of these notes also. I consulted some Portuguese people also fo this but I could not get satisfactory information. I will be happy if soem one gives respons eot my querry. I collect notes of different countries and I have nearly 1600 different notes (varying in denomination, country, finance authority, year, size, colour etc.)

Happy to join the group and also discussion.

CARaju

RSS

© 2014   Created by coinnetwork.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service